Learn about shareholders' agreements and why they're important
Business Growth Webinar hosted with Mason Hayes & Curran LLP
Does your company have a shareholders’ agreement in place? It’s a contract between some or all the shareholders in your company and lays out how the business will be managed, particularly in terms of voting rights, shares, stakeholder departures and issues regarding the Board and Directors
Join our Business Growth webinar with Robert Dickson, Corporate Partner at Mason Hayes & Curran LLP to receive advice and a framework for good shareholder relationships.
You can also read our article on Shareholders’ Agreements: What You Need To Know. The blog covers the key information from Roberts’ webinar.
What was covered?
1) What are Shareholders’ Agreements?
2) The Constitution
3) Other possible deal documents: Share Purchase Agreements, Investment / Subscription Agreements, Disclosure Letters, and Management Agreements
4) Conduct of Board and Director appointment rights
5) Shareholder veto rights and minority protections – decision making of the Company
6) Restrictions on transfer of shares, permitted transfers, and good leaver / bad leaver
7) Exit mechanics, waterfall, and rights
8) Restrictive Covenants
9) Information rights
10) Dividend rights and further funding obligations
Meet your hosts
He advises a broad range of Irish and international clients in many sectors. These include the technology, healthcare, nursing homes, and care centres, food and beverage, professional services, aviation, entertainment, financial services, energy (including renewables), and life sciences services.``
Rose holds a BA in English and Psychology (UCC), Masters in Management (UCD Smurfit School) and a Certificate in Company Direction (Institute of Directors).
Why join our #BusinessGrowth webinars?
Have you been in business for more than 6 months? This series is produced to give business owners support on the next phases of business growth.
We’re delighted to be joined by industry experts who can share their expertise and knowledge in a certain area of business management.
If you would like us to cover any topic in particular, let us know.