Delays due to incorrect or inaccurate customs declarations can result in disruption to both business and customers. Navigating import and export charges (including VAT), customs declarations, and duties can be stressful and time-consuming when you aren’t aware of the new procedures. Let us help you on this journey and make sure running your business is as smooth and efficient as possible.
We will be joined by customs experts, Easy Customs, to give business owners advice and guidance on how to import and export through Northern Ireland and Great Britain and deal with the new customs procedures.
We host our webinars through Zoom and you can use the chat and Q&A function to ask your questions live!
What will be covered?
Easy Customs will help you to answer the following questions about your business:
- Do you need an EORI number?
- Have you considered INCO terms and potential UK/NI requirements?
- Have you reviewed your commodity codes? Do you know potential duties?
- Have you considered whether your products fall under Sanitary and Phytosanitary requirements (i.e. Agri-Food)?
- Have you discussed Customs requirements with your suppliers and transport partners?
- Have you considered Rule of Origin?
- Do you need to register for Registered Exporters System (REX)?
- Have you considered Brexit supports (LEO, Intertrade Ireland, Enterprise Ireland, Invest NI)
- Are you aware of the VAT requirements?
- Have you considered other issues such as the movement of people, currency etc?
About Claire McEldowney
Claire McEldowney is General Manager of Easy Customs – a customs clearance agency, specialising in GB and Irish trade, with the aim of making the customs clearance process as painless and easy as possible for clients.
Claire most recently spent 6 years in the Middle East, managing the procurement division of a large tourism and leisure organisation based in the UAE. Prior to that, she has gained vast experience working for various multi-national companies within the construction, media and financial services sectors.
In her current role, she focuses on supporting clients in all trade and customs-related matters and in particular helps them navigate the challenging post-Brexit business environment.
Why join our #BusinessGrowth webinars?
This series is produced to give business owners support on the next phases of business growth.
We’re delighted to be joined by industry experts who can share their expertise and knowledge in a certain area of business management.
If you would like us to cover any topic in particular, let us know.
Register now for our free, live Business Growth webinar with Harvest Financial Services.Continue Reading