Live Q&A with Tamar Heffernan, Certified Public Accountant
Who is this webinar for? Entrepreneurs thinking of setting up a business in Ireland or started up within the last 6-18 months.
When: Tuesday 20th October 2020
Time: 15:00 – 16:00
This is an online event so the webinar is available nationally and internationally. Join and ask questions from a place that is convenient for you.
Why should I attend this webinar?
Receive accounting advice from a Certified Public Accountant
As a business owner, there are certain accounting and compliance requirements from Revenue and the Companies Registration Office. You should be aware of your obligations if you are thinking about setting up a business in Ireland.
Understand the business set-up process
Knowing what's involved in starting a business is the first step to becoming a business owner. We go through all the steps you need to know to set up as a Sole Trader or Limited Company in Ireland.
Ask questions about Irish tax
We go through the Irish corporation tax and Value Added Tax (VAT) rates. This is an important topic for entrepreneurs starting a business.
Find out what expenses your business can claim
Expenses can lower the amount of tax your business pays so it is important that you know which ones you can claim. Understanding the rules will help your business start in the correct way.
Questions asked during the Startup Webinar
- What is the difference between a Sole trader, Limited Company & Partnership?
- How do I qualify for the 12.5% Corporation Tax?
- What expenses are allowable to claim?
- How can I minimise my tax liability?
- How do I make sure I am compliant with the CRO (Companies Registration Office) & Revenue?
- What are the minimum steps required for setting up a limited company?
- When do I register for VAT?
- What is the difference between authorised and issued shares?
- Should I pay myself a salary or dividends?