Live Startup Q&A with Tamar Heffernan CPA
Date: Thursday, 29th September 2022
Time: 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM
Expert advice on starting and managing a business
Free recording of webinar
Meet the hosts
Tamar's areas of expertise include Accounting, Compliance, and Taxation relating to
small business and company directors. She works closely with her clients to build great relationships and answer any queries they have about their accounting or tax obligations.
What you will learn
Documentation and accounting requirements
As a business owner, there are certain accounting and compliance requirements from Revenue and the Companies Registration Office (CRO). You should be aware of your obligations if you are thinking about setting up a business in Ireland.
The business set-up process
Knowing what's involved in starting a business is the first step to becoming a business owner. We go through all the steps you need to know to set up as a Sole Trader or Limited Company in Ireland.
Irish tax system - Corporation Tax and VAT
We go through the Irish corporation tax and Value Added Tax (VAT) rates. This is an important topic for entrepreneurs starting a business.
How to minimise your tax liability - business expenses
Expenses can lower the amount of tax your business pays so it is important that you know which ones you can claim. Understanding the rules will help your business start in the correct way.
Your questions answered live!
- What is the difference between a Sole Trader, Limited Company & Partnership?
- How do I qualify for the 12.5% Corporation Tax?
- What expenses are allowable to claim?
- What is the difference between authorised and issued shares?
- How do I make sure I am compliant with the CRO & Revenue?
- What are the minimum steps required for setting up a limited company?
- When do I register for VAT?
- How can I minimise my tax liability?
- Should I pay myself a salary or dividends?