When registering a company in Ireland, then you must have a Registered Office Address in the Republic of Ireland. This is a legal requirement and legal notices and correspondence with the Companies Registration Office are sent to this address.
What Is A Registered Office Address?
Your Registered Office Address is where you keep your statutory registers and records, such as the register of directors and minute books. The Companies Registration Office (CRO) stipulates that this address must be an actual physical location – not just a PO box number. There is a reason for this. Bodies like the CRO and Revenue Commissioners have the right to inspect certain registers and documents at your registered office.
Is A Registered Office Address Different To Business Address?
Your Business Address is where the day-to-day running of your company takes place. Your Registered Office does not have to be at your Business Address, although you can use the same address. If you are confused about the difference between a Registered Address and a Business Address, we find it is helpful to consider that the Companies Registration Office is most interested in your Registered Address and the Revenue Commissioners need to know your Business Address.
What Address Can I Use For My Registered Office?
If you are just beginning to set up your company, you may not have a suitable address to use. You can use your home address, but keep in mind that this address will be publicly available to anyone who searches on the Companies Registration Office website. The CRO allows you to use an authorised agent instead, such as accountants, to meet your Registered Office obligations.
What Does Our Registered Office Address Service Include?
- A Republic of Ireland address: Anyone forming a new company in Ireland must be able to provide an address within the State. This is needed to comply with the legal requirements for companies in this jurisdiction. It applies to residents and non-residents alike
- Use of a Dublin City location address.
- We also offer a County Donegal office address – under the regulations, the Registered Office can be anywhere in the State.
- Secure address which retains the privacy of your home/office address
- Secure receipt and forwarding of legal documentation and CRO correspondence
- Safe retention of Statutory Registers and Records, if required. Companies in Ireland have a legal requirement to maintain minutes of general meetings and directors’ meetings. Minute books must be kept at the registered office and be open to inspection by any member of the company. Similarly, companies must keep Statutory Registers at their registered office. These include registers of Members, Directors & Secretaries, and of Directors & Secretaries interests. We can hold such records either physically or electronically for your company, if required.
Benefits Of Our Registered Office Address Service
1. Ensure correspondence is dealt with promptly and expertly
Some Company Secretarial Services simply forward your mail once a week – which may not be timely enough to meet your business needs. At Accountant Online, we open and check your registered office mail every day and we forward it daily too. Our team of Chartered and Certified professionals have the skills and expertise to know when something needs urgent attention. For example, if there is an urgent tax letter, then we will scan and email the correspondence so you can act on it right away.
2. Avoid financial penalties or prosecution
We will make sure that you do not miss critical deadlines, such as the date for filing your Annual Returns to the Companies Office. Did you know that if you fail to file your Annual Returns on time, you face penalties? You will receive a fine for late filing and must have your accounts audited for 2 years. Simply saying you didn’t get or see the mail is not seen as a valid excuse: Any document sent to your Registered Office is deemed by law to have been sent to the company.
Failing to be compliant with your statutory obligations could also put you in breach of Company Law, which could leave you open to prosecution by the Director of Corporate Enforcement (ODCE )
3. Cross border expertise
Our team of Chartered and Certified Accountants are trained and experienced in both UK and Irish accounting regulations. This gives them the ability to deal with correspondence from both sets of statutory authorities. This is very useful if your business has offices in both jurisdictions – particularly as we face into the fallout from Brexit. If Brexit developments are making you think of opening an office in Ireland, our experts can guide you through the process.
Other ways we can help
The supply and servicing of a registered office address is just one of the many services we provide to new businesses in Ireland. Find out more about other new company formation services in the why set up a limited company in Ireland guide.
How To Get A Registered Address In Ireland?
Purchase instantly with Accountant Online. We process your order the same day. The cost of purchasing a registered office space works out at just 29 Euro + VAT per month and is paid annually in advance. Clients who purchase a registered office in Dublin with Accountant Online often also opt for our company secretarial services
If you’d like to talk to us about a Registered Office address, email us at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on IRE 01 905 9364 or UK 028 71337777. You can find us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn too.