Company Secretarial Services
When you are setting up a company in Ireland it is a legal requirement to have a company secretary.
Company Secretary Role
The role of the company secretary is to ensure that the company complies with all the relevant laws and regulations. Some of these important regulations include filling the Annual Returns and other documents with the Companies Registration Office. Annual Returns have strictly set out timelines and they risk fines and penalties if they are missed. The company secretary prepares the Annual Return and works together with your Accountant to make sure that they are submitted on time. This is because your Annual Returns require financial statements to be attached with them (except your first Annual Return, which requires no financial statements).
Appointing A Company Secretary Specialist
In the course of running your business, you can easily miss these deadlines and reporting requirements. For this reason, business owners and directors often appoint a specialist firm to ensure that the filing requirements and duties are met. It brings peace of mind to know that these compliance issues are dealt with by specialists.
Does A Company Secretary Require Any Qualifications?
The company directors are responsible for appointing the company secretary. In addition, they must make sure the company secretary is skilled and qualified enough to fulfill the functions of the job properly. You can fill the role by appointing a specific person or you can outsource all of the functions to outside agents, such as Accountant Online. Even if you appoint someone to the role, you can still outsource some of the duties to us too.
Check below for the once-off company secretarial services we can offer you.
Accountant Online Annual Company Secretarial and Compliance Service
Filing of the Annual Return and Accounts with the Companies Registration Office (CRO).
- The Annual Return (a form B1) is a very important filing that has to be done with the CRO. Failure to file your form B1 on time results in fines up to €1200 and your company may need to be audited for two years.
- Your first B1 needs to be filed within 6 months of incorporation and there is no requirement for financial information at this stage.
- The second Annual Return is due 18 months after incorporation and accounts are required with this. Your accountant will look for your books, invoices, receipts and more in order to do your accounts on time for your Annual Return Date (ARD). It is the company secretary’s role to ensure that the financial statements AND the form B1 are submitted to the CRO at the same time.
Filing changes such as:
- Changes in directors and secretaries
- Increase in share capital
- Changes to Shareholders
- Maintaining and updating the seven statutory registers
- Changes to registered address and business address
- In general, ensuring that the company complies with all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements. For example, that the company meets tax and company law obligations
- Ongoing Company Secretarial advice
Benefits Of Using Our Company Secretarial Service
Meet All Your Compliance Obligations
Our professionals will make sure your company complies with all the relevant statutory and regulatory requirements. You can also ask our compliance expert any questions you have on company law.
Penalties for failing to file your Annual Returns on time include fines and having your accounts audited for 2 years. This is both costly and unnecessary. There are also more serious penalties for breaching your Company Law obligations. You could face prosecution by the Director of Corporate Enforcement (ODCE).
The Annual Return (Form B1) requires two signatures (a director and a company secretary) and needs to be submitted to the CRO at the same time as your company’s financial statement for that year. It makes sense to have your company secretary and accountant in the same company because this means you can relax knowing that your company secretary will chase the progress of your accounts.
Our team of Chartered and Certified professionals includes ICSA Chartered Secretaries. We have the skills and experience you need to keep you compliant and make sure you don’t miss any deadlines.
We offer total transparency in our fees and pricing structure. This allows you to better budget and plan for your company secretarial costs each year. Our fee for our company secretary service is €299+VAT and it is renewed annually.
Your needs can change over time and our service will adapt to your needs. The affordable Company Secretarial and Compliance Service are great for most small businesses. If you’re not sure how we can help you, give us a call and give us more detail on your situation and we can offer advice.
As you grow in size and complexity, there may be additional requirements. Below is a list of additional services and prices associated depending on your needs.
Freedom to focus on growing your business
If you are setting up a company, you are probably a specialist in your own field but lack the time and expertise to take care of compliance issues. We specialise in helping new business startups and have helped hundreds of companies through the process. So we understand all too well what getting your new business off the ground involves. We will take care of your company secretary services, so you have more time to manage and grow your business.
How Much Does the Annual Company Secretarial and Compliance Service Cost?
This is a fixed price service of €299 plus VAT and is paid annually. It includes all of the essential requirements you need to take care of in order to keep your company compliant with regulations. You can purchase our Company Secretarial and Compliance Service online using our secure payment page.
Company Secretarial and Compliance Service is usually purchased at the same time as Company Formation, as new directors are concerned about the duties and obligations associated with being a director of a limited company.
If you have already formed your company and would like to outsource your company secretary to us, we can draw up the necessary papers and make the change with the CRO.
Additional Company Secretarial Services
The company secretary service covers the essential issues that most directors of limited companies should be concerned about. This is the most cost-effective way of taking care of your company secretarial obligations.
You may also purchase additional services on a one-off basis when you require these and these are listed below along with the associated fee.
Purchase online €249 + VAT
Purchase online €199+ VAT
Purchase online €199+ VAT
€1950 (no VAT applies)
Purchase online €49+ VAT
Register a business name
Filing of form B1x- Voluntary revision of financial statements
Filing change of Registered Office
Increase in authorised share capital, all filed with CRO requires a special resolution and a Form B4
Allotment of ordinary/preference shares for up to 15 new shareholders. File a form B5 and create minutes and update register of members
Transfer of ordinary shares
Provision of an AGM pack
Draft Minutes of AGM, notice to shareholders, directors meeting approving the accounts €179+ VAT
Resolution for single members to dispense with the requirement not to hold an AGM
Appointment and resignation of Directors including draft minutes
Change of Annual Return Date
Change of Financial Year end date
Change of Company Name
Alteration of the Constitution
€215 + VAT
i.e. if your company has been struck off and you would like to restore it. We will implement the correct procedures with the Companies Office and Revenue Commissioners to restore your company. If it is over 12 months since your Company was struck off, we will put into place the necessary Courts procedure to restore it.
Contact us for a quotation.
Voluntary Strike Off €350 + VAT
- Make sure all Annual Returns and Accounts are up to date
- Draft Directors statement that the company has ceased trading or has never traded
- Draft minutes of Board Meeting for Directors and Shareholders consent to the dissolution of the company
- Send Letter to Revenue requesting a ‘letter of no objection’
- Put Advertisement in Irish National Daily Newspaper
- Preparation and filing of form H15 with the Companies Registration Office
- It takes approximately 3 months for the company to be struck off the register once the above is completed. We will, of course, notify you as soon as the company has been struck-off.