Company Secretary role
The role of the company secretary is to ensure that the company complies with all the relevant laws and regulations. Some of these important regulations include filling the Annual Returns and other documents with the Companies Registration Office (CRO).
Annual Returns have strict filing deadlines and you will face fines and penalties from the Companies Registration Office if they are missed. The company secretary prepares the Annual Return and works together with your Accountant to make sure that they are submitted on time.
This is because your Annual Returns require your company’s financial statements to be attached with them (except your first Annual Return, which requires no financial statements).
Appointing a Company Secretary Specialist
In the course of running your business, you can easily miss these deadlines and reporting requirements. For this reason, business owners and directors often appoint a specialist firm to ensure that the filing requirements and duties are met.
It brings peace of mind to know that your compliance obligations are looked after by a team of experienced professionals.
Our Compliance Team will help you avoid penalties
Failure to file your Annual Returns (Form B1) on time will incur fines and may also lead to your company accounts getting audited for 2 years. This is both costly and easy to avoid. There are also more serious penalties for breaching your Company Law obligations including prosecution by the Director of Corporate Enforcement (ODCE).
The Annual Return requires two signatures (a director and a company secretary) and needs to be submitted to the CRO at the same time as your company’s financial statement for that year.
Our team of Chartered and Certified professionals includes ICSA Chartered Secretaries. We have the skills and experience you need to keep you compliant and make sure you don’t miss these important deadlines!
Benefits of using our Company Secretarial service
- You can be confident that your company will meet its corporate obligations, such as minutes of meetings and keeping an update company register.
- We will help you avoid penalities from the Companies Registration Office by keeping track of your Annual Return deadline.
- There are no surprises in what you need to pay us. We have fixed fees for our Company Secretarial service.
- You don't have to rely on one person to act as your Company Secretary. We have a team of professionals that can help you.
- We offer you the freedom to focus on growing your business by taking care of your company's compliance.
- Make up to 300 minutes worth of post-registration changes to your company with the CRO per year
Outsource the stress of meeting your compliance obligations
If you are setting up a company, you are probably a specialist in your own field but lack the time and expertise to take care of compliance issues. We specialise in helping new business startups and have helped hundreds of companies through the process.
We will help you with your compliance obligations, so you have more time to manage and grow your business.
Our Company Secretarial Maintenance service includes:
- Filing of the Annual Return and Accounts (not preparation) with the Companies Registration Office
- Looking after general Company Secretarial matters e.g. miscellaneous changes in directors, registered office, shareholders, share transfer
- Maintaining and updating the Seven Statutory Registers
- Minutes of Meetings of the Company including the Annual General Meeting and notice of same.
- Ongoing Company Secretarial advice
Company Secretarial services
Company Secretarial and Compliance Service is usually purchased at the same time as Company Formation, as new directors are concerned about the duties and obligations associated with being a director of a limited company.
If you have already formed your company and would like to outsource your company secretary to us, we can draw up the necessary papers and make the change with the Companies Registration Office (CRO).
The company secretary service covers the essential issues that most directors of limited companies should be concerned about. This is the most cost-effective way of taking care of your company secretarial obligations.
You may also purchase additional services on a one-off basis when you require these.