Why do I need a Company Secretary?
You need to have a Company Secretary if you are setting up an Irish Limited Company. It is a legal obligation to fulfil this role if you are starting a company.
The role of the Company Secretary is to ensure that the company complies with all the relevant laws and regulations. They act as second signatory on most company documentation and take care of important paperwork should as the Annual Return.
If you are thinking about setting up a Limited Company and you need a professional Company Secretary, get in touch with our expert Client Services Team. We are always happy to talk you through our services.
Who can be a Company Secretary?
Anyone over the age of 18 can be a Company Secretary. But it is an important role and they are responsible for looking after important aspects of the company.
In the course of running your business, you can easily miss these deadlines and reporting requirements. Directors often appoint a specialist firm to ensure that the filing requirements and duties are met. For example, if a Director changes their home address, it is the Company Secretaries duty to inform the Companies Registration Office (CRO) of this change.
Using a Company Secretarial service brings peace of mind that your compliance obligations are looked after by a team of experienced professionals.
Our Company Team will help you avoid penalties
We have a team of trained professionals that work to make sure your company remains compliant with the CRO.
For example, failure to file your Annual Returns (Form B1) on time will incur fines and may also lead to your company accounts getting audited for 2 years. This is both costly and easy to avoid. There are also more serious penalties for breaching your Company Law obligations including prosecution by the Director of Corporate Enforcement (ODCE).
The Annual Return requires two signatures (Director and Company Secretary) and needs to be submitted to the CRO at the same time as your company’s financial statement for that year.
Our team of Chartered and Certified professionals includes ICSA Chartered Secretaries. We have the skills and experience you need to keep you compliant and make sure you don’t miss these important deadlines!
Benefits of using our Company Secretarial service
- You can be confident that your company will meet its corporate obligations, such as minutes of meetings and keeping an update company register.
- We will help you avoid penalities from the Companies Registration Office by keeping track of your Annual Return deadline.
- There are no surprises in what you need to pay us. We have fixed fees for our Company Secretarial service.
- You don't have to rely on one person to act as your Company Secretary. We have a team of professionals that can help you.
- We offer you the freedom to focus on growing your business by taking care of your company's compliance.
- Make up to 300 minutes worth of post-registration changes to your company with the CRO per year
Outsource the stress of meeting your compliance obligations
If you are setting up a company, you are probably a specialist in your own field but lack the time and expertise to take care of compliance issues. We specialise in helping new business startups and have helped hundreds of companies through the process.
We will help you with your compliance obligations, so you have more time to manage and grow your business.
Our Company Secretarial Maintenance service includes:
- Filing of the Annual Return and Accounts (not preparation) with the Companies Registration Office
- Looking after general Company Secretarial matters e.g. miscellaneous changes in directors, registered office, shareholders, share transfer
- Maintaining and updating the Seven Statutory Registers
- Minutes of Meetings of the Company including the Annual General Meeting and notice of same.
- Ongoing Company Secretarial advice